[Ci4cg-announce] Greetings from the CI4CG branch office in Rainy Seattle ©

Doug Schuler douglas at publicsphereproject.org
Sun Dec 20 16:13:00 PST 2015

Greetings from Rainy Seattle ©

It's been awhile since I've tried to get free ideas from this group.

As you probably remember, I had been asking questions to the people on this list on a fairly regular basis. The intent is to weave the responses into some thoughts or hypotheses about the nature of our group and, hopefully, the CI4CG work generally. My plan is to incorporate the responses to these requests into the introduction to the upcoming AI & Society special issue on CI4CG.

This is the 7th question and I'm planning to ultimately ask 10. It would be fantastic if everybody relied to this one. I think / hope that what emerges from this will be useful! No guarantees unfortunately.

7. Please list 2-5 (or more) topics that are the most relevant to your CI4CG work now and where you'd like to see it in the future. This could be traditional (or new) disciplines, focal populations (such as children or low-income communities), specific geographical areas, cross-cutting areas (methodology, integration, etc.), objectives, specific foci (e.g. online deliberation), tools, etc. etc. Did I mention that more is more?

I'd love to hear from everybody!

BTW, Happy Holidaze!!

— Doug

Douglas Schuler
douglas at publicsphereproject.org <mailto:douglas at publicsphereproject.org>
Twitter: @doug_schuler

Creating the World Citizen Parliament
     http://interactions.acm.org/archive/view/may-june-2013/creating-the-world-citizen-parliament <http://interactions.acm.org/archive/view/may-june-2013/creating-the-world-citizen-parliament>

Liberating Voices!  A Pattern Language for Communication Revolution (project)
     http://www.publicsphereproject.org/patterns/lv <http://www.publicsphereproject.org/patterns/>

Liberating Voices!  A Pattern Language for Communication Revolution (book)
 http://mitpress.mit.edu/catalog/item/default.asp?ttype=2&tid=11601 <http://mitpress.mit.edu/catalog/item/default.asp?ttype=2&tid=11601>