[Ci4cg-announce] Statement of interest for AI & Society

Doug Schuler douglas at publicsphereproject.org
Fri Feb 13 17:12:25 PST 2015

Greetings!    Just a reminder that the Statements of Interest are due on Sunday.  (Actually there is some leeway — probably up to a week or ...)

Here is the basic gist of what we're looking for. This phase shouldn't be too onerous. It basically consists of the eight items listed under Statement of Interest.

Thanks!!!

— Doug

PS. Let me know if you're going to be in Berlin next week!  Or if there is something I must do when I'm there.

CI for the CG /// AI & Society special issue

Statement of Interest
	• authors' names and affiliations
	• title of submission
	• brief abstract that describes the content of your paper and the arguments you plan to make.
	• relevance to CI4CG including how your findings could be used.
	• which of the following are (or will be) discussed in your submission: policy, experiment, online system, protocol, proposal, curriculum or other educational, institutionalization, e-government, community development, etc. (indicate as many as appropriate and feel free to add your own).
	• Please indicate which of the ten topic areas (below) your paper covers
	• list of relevant tags
	• list of stakeholders

Topic Areas
The following list provides many of the themes that we believe are relevant.
	• Theory of collective intelligence for the common good
	• Historic, current, and future contexts for collective intelligence for the common good
	• Recognizing and characterizing examples of collective intelligence for the common good
	• Socio-technological systems and other social approaches (which could also focus on face-to-face venues) that promote
collective intelligence for the common good, including it significance and the real world problems or challenges they address — and how they do that
	• Obstacles or challenges to collective intelligence for the common good
	• Linking and integrating diverse aspects of collective intelligence such as sensing, deliberation, memory, focus, etc.
	• Methodological approaches to collective intelligence for the common good
	• Integrating disparate perspectives, disciplines, and attitudes relate to collective intelligence for the common good
	• Stakeholders — including“ordinary” people and citizens with or without legal rights — and their roles in design,
development, and use of approaches to collective intelligence for the common good
	• Future directions for collective intelligence for the common good

Douglas Schuler
douglas at publicsphereproject.org <mailto:douglas at publicsphereproject.org>
Twitter: @doug_schuler

Public Sphere Project
     http://www.publicsphereproject.org/ <http://www.publicsphereproject.org/>

Creating the World Citizen Parliament
     http://interactions.acm.org/archive/view/may-june-2013/creating-the-world-citizen-parliament <http://interactions.acm.org/archive/view/may-june-2013/creating-the-world-citizen-parliament>

Liberating Voices!  A Pattern Language for Communication Revolution (project)
     http://www.publicsphereproject.org/patterns/lv <http://www.publicsphereproject.org/patterns/>

Liberating Voices!  A Pattern Language for Communication Revolution (book)
     http://mitpress.mit.edu/catalog/item/default.asp?ttype=2&tid=11601 <http://mitpress.mit.edu/catalog/item/default.asp?ttype=2&tid=11601>