[Ci4cg-announce] Great Opportunity for everybody!

Rafael Jacomossi rafaeljacomossi at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 06:26:27 PST 2016

Hi Doug,

It follows our contributions for the CI4CG group:

1. If you were going to ask the entire CI4CG group one (or more) questions,
what would it / they be?

R.: One of things we would like to know is about how the social identity
contributes for development of group collective intelligence and what the
institutions role in this process is.

2. What definition of Collective Intelligence for the Common Good would you
suggest?

(Or: what attributes might it have?)

R.: We believe that is the ability of groups to implement tasks and
procedures seeking the best handling of collective goods.

3. Imagine a CI4CG event that you’d really like to attend. What would it
look like?

(Feel free to describe a broad vision or just an interesting element.)

R.: Including themes related to social innovation that inside collective
intelligence area could provide discussions and solutions to mitigate some
social problems around the world.

4. What are some of the barriers that stand between our work and the
outcomes we’d like to see?

R.: As Olson (1971) and Leimeister (2010), for example, believe that the
main problem occurs when some individuals are unlikely to contribute to the
collective efforts needed to achieve the common goals and take advantage of
the efforts of others.

5. Please describe one or more ways in which members of the Collective
Intelligence for the Common Good Community / Network might be able to build
on the work you're doing.

R.: In our point of view it would be interesting enhance the network
between of the members group, as presential meetings, conferences, etc., in
several countries.

6. Please send 1-10 sentences from a paper or from anything that you've
written — whether or not it's published or not — that you think is
pertinent.

R.: The tragedy of the commons, the logic of collective action and
collective intelligence concepts are widely used in models that address the
way goods or natural resources when are exploited. These models focus on
the problems faced by social groups when they try to achieve collective
benefits.

R.: The exploration dilemma of common resources is as true for humans as
for many animals. The expression "The Tragedy of the Commons" symbolizes
the environmental degradation that can always be expected when many
individuals simultaneously use scarce resources. When a society encourages
individuals to increase their earnings without limit, in a world that is
limited, the outcome shall be nothing but destruction, since each pursues
its own interests in a society that believes in the freedom of usages and
use and exploitation of commons resources.  (Ostrom 2011).

7. Please list 2-5 (or more) topics that are the most relevant to your
CI4CG work now and where you'd like to see it in the future. This could be
traditional (or new) disciplines, focal populations (such as children or
low-income communities), specific geographical areas, cross-cutting areas
(methodology, integration, etc.), objectives, specific foci (e.g. online
deliberation), tools, etc. etc

R.:  It could be interesting developing electronic and board games in the
context of common good exploration. One example is the fishbank -
https://mitsloan.mit.edu/LearningEdge/simulations/fishbanks/Pages/fish-banks.aspx
.

R.: Another opportunity is to develop alternatives education methods for
children aiming future actions to face problems related to exploration of
common goods, through the collective intelligence area.

Best Regards,

Rafael, Rogério, Edmilson

Prof. Dr. Rafael Ricardo Jacomossi
Departamento de Administração - FEI / São Paulo
Celular: (11) 99950-0133