[Ci4cg-announce] Towards a Public Communication and Information Infrastructure ~~ you tell me!

Doug Schuler douglas at publicsphereproject.org
Mon May 2 21:51:11 PDT 2016

Greetings from Seattle!

I'm currently working on a short paper — basically an editorial or op-ed — on the idea of an open-ended, citizen-led public alternative communication and information infrastructure project. The paper won't be long and it certainly won't be authoritative or comprehensive; at this point I'm just trying to help surface the idea and get feedback.

My plan is to build the case somewhat in the paper and to suggest some ideas that are likely to be useful in thinking about moving forward. That's why I'm writing to you all.

If you have any points or suggestions or examples that I need to know about as I work forward I'd love to hear them. I probably won't be able to incorporate everything in this initial piece but, ideally, as time goes on, the suggestions you make would help inform the project.

Please send me your thoughts on this.

Thanks!!

— Doug

Douglas Schuler
douglas at publicsphereproject.org <mailto:douglas at publicsphereproject.org>
Twitter: @doug_schuler

Creating the World Citizen Parliament
     http://interactions.acm.org/archive/view/may-june-2013/creating-the-world-citizen-parliament <http://interactions.acm.org/archive/view/may-june-2013/creating-the-world-citizen-parliament>

Liberating Voices!  A Pattern Language for Communication Revolution (project)
     http://www.publicsphereproject.org/patterns/lv <http://www.publicsphereproject.org/patterns/>

Liberating Voices!  A Pattern Language for Communication Revolution (book)
 http://mitpress.mit.edu/catalog/item/default.asp?ttype=2&tid=11601 <http://mitpress.mit.edu/catalog/item/default.asp?ttype=2&tid=11601>