[Ci4cg-announce] Fwd: How Collective Intelligence Can Create Better Policy & Strategy

Dmitry Sokolov dmitry.v.sokolov at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 17:53:55 PDT 2017

Dear Doug,

thank you for the opportunity to test my understanding of the topic!

The topic is huge.
We should probably start slowly, from the assumptions I learned from
neurolinguistics experts that

  * all types of intelligence are organised by same or similar principles.
  * memory and intelligence processes
      o are interdependent so much that we can tell:
          + "no (Collective) Memory = no (Collective) Intelligence"
      o the short-term memory can be seen in Situational CI
          + This memory is fragmented "in time and space", i.e. limited
            by knowledge and skills available "at participants' minds",
            at every particular moment of time
              # Due to this fragmentation, no decisions based on
                "systematic and systemic studies" (SSS) can be imagined
                or thought of,
                  * neither individual or collective
      o not many instances of long-term memory for General CI
        applications are known
          + I am building a list of General Collective Memory instances.
            Your examples would be appreciated.
          + multiple instances of GCI will create another problem,
            fragmentation of "Conceptual Space", making SSS impossible, too

General Intelligence, or G Factor can be defined as "a construct
developed in psychometric investigations of cognitive abilities and
human intelligence.", from Wikipedia.
I can see an agent in this definition.
And, I am not sure where this agent disappears from the "General CI"
phenomenon.
... or, maybe as compared to Situational CI?

That's actually the question I am currently working on.
They say, we can't see GCI communicating back because it's current
intelligence is equal to about 11 years old kid. (A proper citation is
missing, but would be very much appreciated)
... and from my observations, GC Memory is missing too...
Or, "The Kid" is growing so "autistic" that no communication is possible
at this moment...

I would appreciate your thoughts and comments.

Cheers,
Dmitry