[Ci4cg-announce] workshops at C&T

Doug Schuler douglas at publicsphereproject.org
Tue Mar 28 21:36:18 PDT 2017

These looks fantastic! (and I'm not just saying that because of #5...)

Hope to see you all there!

PS. I am now thinking that there should be a meta-workshop or other event
at the end to see how these do and could all fit together.

(from https://www.facebook.com/325661424302259/posts/679689288899469)

13 amazing workshops have been accepted!!
Their description will be on the website soon.

1. 3D printing/digital fabrication for education and the common good

2. Ethics for the ‘Common Good’: Actionable Guidelines for Community-based
Design Research

3. Digital Participation: Engaging Diverse and Marginalised Communities

4. Embracing Diversity with Help of Technology and Participatory Design

5. Civic Intelligence in an Uncertain and Threatening World

6. Collaborative Economies: From Sharing to Caring

7. Digital Cities 10: Towards a localised socio-technical understanding of
the ‘real’ smart city

8. Designing for the Digital Fringe

9. Participatory Design, beyond the local

10.Solutions for Economics, Environment and Democracy (SEED)

11. Understanding and supporting emergent and temporary collaboration
across and beyond community and organizational boundaries

12. Infrastructuring smartness and/or enhancing communities? A workshop for
engaging the ‘smart’ vision critically

13. Refugees & HCI Workshop: The Role of HCI in Responding to the Refugee
Crisis (workshop accepted at CHI but hosted at C&T because of travel ban
issue)