[Ci4cg-announce] Pattern Language and the Green New Deal

Doug Schuler douglas at publicsphereproject.org
Thu Oct 31 20:20:21 PDT 2019

I've been working on an article on patterns and pattern languages and the
Green New Deal. I'm thinking that this could be a useful theme for
promoting the approach and helping to strengthen our community.

I'm trying to build a case that pattern languages could play an important
role in relation to the Green New Deal.

I'm looking for people who might be able to look over the draft and
hopefully provide feedback on the paper's content as well as ideas as to
who might also be willing to provide their thoughts, who else might be
interested or any thoughts on what could be done with the paper.

I'm working with Aldo de Moor and Justin Smith on a broader, more detailed
paper about how we could / should be thinking about pattern languages in
relation to "wicked problems" in general.  It's basically the paper that we
presented at last year's PUARL conference expanded considerably.
Ideally this one will be ready for review in a week or two....

Please let me know if you're interested in getting a draft copy for review.

Thanks!!

— Doug

--
Douglas Schuler
douglas at publicsphereproject.org
Twitter: @doug_schuler

Creating the World Citizen Parliament

http://interactions.acm.org/archive/view/may-june-2013/creating-the-world-citizen-parliament

Liberating Voices!  A Pattern Language for Communication Revolution
(project)
     http://www.publicsphereproject.org/patterns/lv
<http://www.publicsphereproject.org/patterns/>

Liberating Voices!  A Pattern Language for Communication Revolution (book)

 http://mitpress.mit.edu/catalog/item/default.asp?ttype=2&tid=11601