[Ci4cg-announce] Please take a look... The Green New Deal is the Real Deal

Helene Finidori hfinidori at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 10 05:41:40 PST 2020

 Hi Doug,
Nice to hear from you! Happy new year.
Were you at the Plop conference in Ottawa? I unfortunately had to cancel because of health issues.
I would love to read your paper on the Green New Deal. And I am also interested in the paper on wicked  problems, especially if there are technology solutions involved. This is a topic I have been researching for a while. We have talked about it in the past, I also met Aldo for a project on Patterns that Connect. I'm now engaged in a PhD research on Pattern Literacy and how it can support systems literacy and system intervention -a philosophy / theoretical framework-, the challenge being to bridge the gap between fragmented knowledge and language -both in kind and in perspective-, and the increasing intricacy of emergent 'reality' at various levels and scales. I'm particularly interested to document in my thesis technologies that can assist in this matter. I have laid out lots of 'requirements' -:P- but still have not found what I believe would be needed. But lots of progress certainly has beenmade since I was more  actively searching...

All my work is available on my Academia.com page. In particular:
Towards a Fourth Generation Pattern Language: Patterns as Epistemic Threads for Systemic Orientation (Purplsoc 2015) Patterns that Connect: Exploring The Potential of Patterns and Pattern Languages in Systemic Interventions Towards Realizing Sustainable Futures. (ISSS2016)Configuring Patterns and Pattern Languages for Systemic Inquiry and Design (Purplsoc 2018).
I'll be in LA for a conference at the end of January, before I go back to France for good end of March. Where are you currently based? Would love to catch up!
BestHelene