[Pattern-language] Fwd: book "Pattern Theory"

Doug Schuler douglas at publicsphereproject.org
Wed Mar 18 13:44:07 PDT 2015

This sounds like a great resource!  (I haven't read it yet but intend to.)

— Doug

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> Date: March 18, 2015 at 1:24:51 PM PDT
> Subject: book "Pattern Theory"
>
> Dear friends and colleagues,
>
> just in case I didn't reach you through some other channel...
>
> I'm happy to announce that my German book "Mustertheorie"
> has just become available in English:
>
>     "Pattern Theory: Introduction and Perspectives on the
>     Tracks of Christopher Alexander"
>
> http://www.amazon.com/dp/1505637430/
> http://www.amazon.de/dp/1505637430/
>
> maybe you have some friends or colleagues that are
> interested in it. (this email can be forwarded)
>
> In the German countries the original "Mustertheorie"
> http://www.amazon.de/dp/3901402500
> is widely used at universities as a first read to introduce
> students to the world of patterns/Alexander.
> (typically before they start working on diploma work,
> dissertations, ... about patterns or pattern languages)
>
> The book is not academic, and not specialized in
> any specific application domains. It is cheap and can
> be read easily during a weekend.
>
> Best,
> Helmut
>
> --
> HLS SOFTWARE/WIKISERVICE www.hls-software.at www.wikiservice.at
> leitner at hls-software.at leitner at wikiservice.at
> Helmut Leitner MOBIL: +43 676 7221638 TEL: +43 316 383820
> St. Peter Hauptstr. 33d, A-8042 Graz, Österreich

Douglas Schuler
douglas at publicsphereproject.org <mailto:douglas at publicsphereproject.org>
Twitter: @doug_schuler

Public Sphere Project
     http://www.publicsphereproject.org/ <http://www.publicsphereproject.org/>

Creating the World Citizen Parliament
     http://interactions.acm.org/archive/view/may-june-2013/creating-the-world-citizen-parliament <http://interactions.acm.org/archive/view/may-june-2013/creating-the-world-citizen-parliament>

Liberating Voices!  A Pattern Language for Communication Revolution (project)
     http://www.publicsphereproject.org/patterns/lv <http://www.publicsphereproject.org/patterns/>

Liberating Voices!  A Pattern Language for Communication Revolution (book)
     http://mitpress.mit.edu/catalog/item/default.asp?ttype=2&tid=11601 <http://mitpress.mit.edu/catalog/item/default.asp?ttype=2&tid=11601>