[Pattern-language] Fwd: PURPLSOC 2017 Krems - Update 02

Doug Schuler douglas at publicsphereproject.org
Fri Apr 21 11:51:27 PDT 2017

fyi...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: PURPLSOC 2017 <info at purplsoc.org>
Date: Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 6:14 AM
Subject: PURPLSOC 2017 Krems - Update 02
To: "Richard M. Sickinger" <richard.sickinger at donau-uni.ac.at>

Dear pattern interested,

Please find the newest updates pertaining to the PURPLSOC 2017 World
Conference October 19th - 21st 2017 below. http://www.purplsoc.org

# Open PURPLSOC Book Discussion about Christopher Alexander’s “The Nature
of Order” http://www.purplsoc.org/reading-tour/ :

>From all of Alexander’s work, The Nature of Order holds a special
fascination for us: it is one of his major works, and yet, it is one of his
least known. While Alexander’s A Pattern Language and The Timeless Way of
Building are world renowned, The Nature of Order is almost unknown to a
wider audience. Our aim is to discuss his findings in public on our
PURPLSOC website and in so doing, bring together people interested in
better understanding Alexander’s concepts in the NoO and experts
experienced in the study and implementation of Alexander’s ideas. The
Reading Tour starts on May 5th with “The Nature of Order – An Essay of the
Art of Building and the Nature of the Universe, Book One – The Phenomenon
of Life”

# Keynote Speakers - Christian Kohls http://www.purplsoc.org/
conference2017/keynote-speakers/ :

Christian Kohls is a professor for computer science and sociotechnical
systems at the TH Köln. He teaches several courses on design patterns,
including software design patterns, sociotechnical patterns, and e-learning
patterns. He also uses patterns to stimulate innovation in student
projects. Currently he is installing an innovation and collaboration space
that supports creative thinking by design. In his PhD, he developed a model
that shows the relation between patterns in the world, our mental schemas
and scientific theories. He has mined patterns in several fields, including
interactive graphics, e-learning, online training, and creativity methods.
As a pattern enthusiast, he has published many papers on design patterns
and organized international workshops and conferences on the topic. He is
also president of the Hillside Europe pattern community. For an overview of
our keynote speakers please check our website at http://www.purplsoc.org/
conference2017/keynote-speakers/

# Call for Contributions - Abstract Deadline May 31, 2017 - wide range of
possible submissions http://www.purplsoc.org/call-for-contribution/ :

The PURPLSOC 2017 World conference calls for high-quality and innovative
submissions. Please take note that our call for contributions is not
limited to research papers but encompasses altogether six types of possible
contributions such as:
1 - Research Papers
2 - Talks and Presentations
3 - Posters
4 - Workshop Proposals
5 - Exhibition Objects (design or architectural work, project presentations)
6 - A Special Event
Abstracts/Descriptions of all contributions are due on May 31, 2017, Full
papers/Detailed descriptions/Full Presentations on July 24, 2017,
Publication is planned for August 2018. For details please check or website
at http://www.purplsoc.org/call-for-contribution/

We will keep you regularly informed via our newsletter service.

All the best from Krems

The PURPLSOC Orga Team
Richard Sickinger

PURPLSOC 2017 World Conference
In Pursuit of Pattern Languages for Societal Change
Thursday 19th - Saturday 21st October 2017
Danube University Krems, Austria
info at purplsoc.org
http://www.purplsoc.org