[Realpoetik] Danica Colic

RealPoetik Magazine realpoetik at scn9.scn.org
Wed Dec 12 13:19:59 PST 2007

one foot in front of
                                 the other
a flock of birds

dividing             a bird
                                      then a bird's eye

watching another       a feather

       the
              rolled stem of a feather

and the fan of threads along it       each a

      different length

each an each             how we will miss

the separate branches       and the voices

      among the branches       calling return

return       what

                 will we be when

there is no we                      only

the singular element

                                            what

will It be without longing

                                without the arched feathers

of the  throat       which seeks

another

Danica Colic teaches at Hunter College, where she also received her
MFA degree.  Her poems have recently appeared in Terrain.org, and are
forthcoming in Arts & Letters and Pebble Lake Review.

~

Frequent www.realpoetik.blogspot.com for poems;
www.realpoetikblog.blogspot.com for news!