[Realpoetik] Steve Roberts

RealPoetik Magazine realpoetik at scn9.scn.org
Thu Nov 29 09:36:49 PST 2007

EVIL FUCKFACE

I'm a human radio station, got it?
Swallowing the mortals, vomit as discourse--
I'm Vincent Price no I'm Charlton Heston--
at current elevation I'm neither of those,
my bachelor life proceeds with canned products.
See you in the valley, you'll be dead, a movie
about vampires proceeds with an orgy of neck ripping--
long story, writer disappointed, standing in light
smoke from teeth filling the image, discourse
as discourse--bad actor explaining the political cause.
Cigarettes unpleasant, bees fucking locusts
become topic of discussion, economics effected
by some guy talking, population control, let's
us kill ourselves a human, tribunal against justice,
taste in mouth found to be garbage, homeless envy--
reasoning hampered by cybernetics, here's the book
you're going to write while in the theater.

DAMAGED SOUL DOCUMENT

Big hand on the keyboard, diagonal
striped glove, difficult to remember past
christmases, the blur of memory, several
coffee cup stains, row of imperfect circles.

Moron wanted to be the life of parties
unknown. The woods, several years ago.
Annual rememberance of empty box.
I don't want to use the word 'you' anymore.

New and selected strands of hair, mix
myself a poison, call it a potion, endless
nights on the couch, party with wine,
restless clothesline begins to flap.

My glow is not alive. Someone
has spread blankets over ourselves,
morning is sneaking up. Car won't start.
Parties are the in-between, these moments.

Steve Roberts is a Texan living in Brooklyn. He has an MFA from the New
School, and his poetry has been published in the Tiny, Big Tex[t] and Red
China Magazine. He also is music editor for LVHRD magazine.

~

Frequent www.realpoetik.blogspot.com for poems;
www.realpoetikblog.blogspot.com for news!

Editor Ana Bozicevic-Bowling's chapbook Document now on sale from Octopus
Books:
http://www.octopusbooks.net/main.html