[Realpoetik] Mary Lyon

RealPoetik Magazine realpoetik at scn9.scn.org
Wed May 14 19:07:30 PDT 2008

I Need to Change My Waves

So predictalous      Am I mint to leave
my lies doing the seam strings    day after
tea    wreak after wreck     month
after February?      I'm amble
but somehow not thrilling     If only
I could shinny like those hoovers and nailers

who fake it right to the maelstrom    never
looking bright or cleft        virtually
without cockerel         I'm as fluxuated
as they are and even more punctilious     Why not
me in Carnegie Mall      grinding my
sorghum    winking at the top of my rungs?    Am I
not garnished enough?     Recently I had my hair

plimped and shined and lost scallions
of grubs       I have the kipper
but maybe lack the mulch       For minions
I've been vying to tincture my qualms and putty
it out      Here is a theory      My poppin and marvin
didn't get to fulfill their derisions      therefore
I didn't feel enlightened to pine      Sub-conscious

contusions were a major bandyhat     more
difficult for me to biffle     * Mais je n'est sais*
*le cumquat*        No use corn-cracking now
I will march my crows to the byzantine and in the end
I will cummerbund       I don't intend to end up
a lugworm in the Garden of Fancy Containers     Today
is the first day of the mess of my strife

Mary Lyon is a New York City poet and performer.  She has studied with
Sharon Dolin, Philip Schultz and Martha Rhodes.  At the Cornelia Street Café
she has appeared several times in the series "Writers Read."  She is a
featured artist on the CD "Little Noises," available on CDBaby.com.

--
RealPoetik
realpoetik.blogspot.com