[Realpoetik] To friends of Sal Salasin

RealPoetik Magazine realpoetik at scn9.scn.org
Fri Mar 13 19:53:06 PDT 2009

Dear readers of RealPoetik,

Most of you probably know that Sal Salasin is the founding editor of RP.
Today I received a very sad message from Elisa Salasin, Sal's niece. She
writes that Sal is very ill, with advanced lung cancer, and may only have
anywhere from a few days to a few weeks left. The indomitable Sal never let
on about the extent of his illness. He's now in a nursing facility in
Berkeley, CA. I invite you all to send letters and poems for him to Elisa at
elisasalasin at gmail.com. She will print them out and share them with Sal, who
is still very much of keen mind. Sal likes his language funny and
vernacular, so consider this RP's last contest: to make Sal crack up and
know that he's loved.

Your interim editor,

Ana
--