[Realpoetik] PAIGE TAGGART

RealPoetik Magazine realpoetik at scn9.scn.org
Sun Mar 14 16:55:49 PDT 2010

*from* TO PEOPLE WHO SOMETIMES READ

There are gaskets inside us, turning movie reels. In the box office, two
nights ago, I had meant to say, I collected all your pictures and hung them
inside my head. Without further attention this amounts to: I won’t ever have
to look at an image of you, in order to imagine you. This is the same
feeling as standing really close to a tree and smelling its bark. There is
one bird’s nest close to my house, made of hair and Coney Island
salt. Someone should tell the island they worship that they are coming home.
I am looking past myself. Past the point of batting the air.

I think lying down, sorta in the light but also among beautiful objects
spinning around. I don’t want to recycle anything. I would never let go of a
balloon.

*Paige Taggart* lives in Brooklyn. Her chapbook *Polaroid Parade* is
forthcoming with Greying Ghost Press. She has an e-chapbook, *Won't Be A
Girl* with Scantily Clad Press. She's a 2009 recipient of the New York
Foundation of the Art’s grant. More poems from *To People Who Sometimes Read
* can be found or are forthcoming in *Raleigh Quarterly*, *Sink Review*, *No
Tell Motel*, *pax americana*, *Glitterpony*. Check out her blog:
http://mactaggartjewelry.blogspot.com/.

--
RealPoetik
www.realpoetik.org