[Realpoetik] NATHAN HAUKE

RealPoetik Magazine realpoetik at scn9.scn.org
Sun May 29 09:04:34 PDT 2011

COLOR IS WORSE THAN ETERNITY

Ribbon of water
in the morning
Shines like razor
walking the dog
With a mouthful of blackberries
rain leaves mirror everywhere
Trying not to step in it
Our life is a forgetting (friend’s voice)
Where one place begins to fall into another
Where the bank of this shore erodes into current

*Nathan Hauke*'s chapbook *In the Living Room *was recently released by Lame
House Press (2010).  His poetry has been published in *American Letters &
Commentary, BlazeVox, Colorado Review, Denver Quarterly, Electronic Poetry
Review, Eleven Eleven, Greatcoat, Horse Less Review, Interim, New American
Writing, Parthenon West, Peaches & Bats, Twenty Six, *and *We Are So Happy
To Know Something* among others.* * He is currently co-editor at Ark Press
and an editor for Slash Pine Press.

--
RealPoetik
www.realpoetik.org