[Realpoetik] JOHN STOVALL

RealPoetik Magazine realpoetik at scn9.scn.org
Sun Sep 18 07:14:35 PDT 2011

STUCK

| couldn't get the tape

off the bottom the door

wedged shut from the inside, even

that | couldn't shake loose in the back the drawer

caught on itself wouldn't open

everything was in there my shoes, my keys, my word, my

dark secrets | was ready to free,

light, burdens, potency, exceptions, fucking

hammer, my out, my there, my analogue,

my

analogue's analogue, the reception, and the receiving, the deceiving

was in here how many corners were there

on all the surfaces forced to stay still

| moved, finding a familiar place in this

world of closets and rooms.

*John Stovall* has a B.A. in English from the University of Georgia. He
curated the Dog Ear Poetry Series, was the Editorial Assistant at *Verse*,
and is currently working on a series of "poems of addiction." John currently
resides in Athens, GA and is the Assistant Editor at the Public School Risk
Institute.

--
RealPoetik
www.realpoetik.org