[Realpoetik] SHIRA DENTZ

RealPoetik Magazine realpoetik at scn9.scn.org
Sun Jan 29 06:49:23 PST 2012

SEASONED

Not being authentically original, moving. I should enjoy my nothing tree

looking at other trees.

I can become as change, or it might just be too laborious. water is no
color. it’s period of time. weather getting antsy now. the darkness in
sparkles--because color is absent from influenced by other things, then am
ponderesa lookslike a sea creature. because it is clear.

with leaves lapping.

*Shira Dentz *is the author of a book of poems, *black seeds on a white dish
* (Shearsman), nominated for the PEN/Osterweil Award 2011. She is also the
author of a chapbook, *Leaf Weather* (Tilt Press), and another full-length
collection, *door of thin skins* (CavanKerry Press), that is forthcoming.
Her poems have appeared in many journals including* The American Poetry
Review*, *The Iowa Review*, *jubilat*, and *New American Writing*, and
featured online at The Academy of American Poets, NPR, Poetry Daily, and
Verse Daily. She's currently Writer in Residence at The New College of
Florida and is Book Review Editor at* Drunken Boat*.

--
RealPoetik
www.realpoetik.org