[Realpoetik] MARNI LUDWIG and KRISTINE MORFOGEN [Part Two]

RealPoetik Magazine realpoetik at scn9.scn.org
Sun Feb 10 09:03:41 PST 2013

LITTLE KNIVES

Find the circumference in inches      of the hole in the upper middle of
feeling

full        a level one       head injury and not the sunlight

as we had thought       or stay sleeping in the sky      in the family

position           still and equal               to the lack        how to
get honesty

to make room              for tact               what we least demand of
ourselves

the day going quickly            at the speed of sympathy        pediatric

needles to inject the hands                 blue evening breaking open

jailer,    I can't be the only one                         in the room who
has been

[image: Inline image 1]

*Marni Ludwig* is the author of
*Pinwheel*<http://www.wmich.edu/newissues/titles/ludwig-pinwheel.html>,
selected by Jean Valentine for the 2013 New Issues Poetry Prize and *Little
Box of Cotton and
Lightning*<http://www.poetrysociety.org/psa/awards/chapbook_fellowship/2011/little_box_of_cotton/>,
chosen by Susan Howe for a 2012 Poetry Society of America Chapbook
fellowship.  She lives in Athens, GA, and in Brooklyn, NY.

*Kristine Morfogen* is a native New Yorker. Although she got her MFA at
Pratt Institute, she is a newcomer to photography. She currently lives in
Brooklyn with her family. Contact her at morfogenk at yahoo.com.

--
RealPoetik
www.realpoetik.org