[Realpoetik] MICHAEL H. BROWNSTEIN

RealPoetik Magazine realpoetik at scn9.scn.org
Sun Mar 10 09:17:31 PDT 2013

GO TO HELL, SHE SAID AND I WROTE A LIST OF HER INSTRUCTIONS

 A cotton mouthed sky my brother and I
cut from the same yard of grass,
the country god made for us
hard scrabbled
frustrated with fusion, soft and easy,
every object of our affection in-between,
no one left I wish to talk to,
a click of feathers and hollow bones,
and I am not among the living
as I wish to be nor among the dead.
It’s never cold enough outside.
A corpse takes the place of a corpse.

*Michael H. Brownstein* has been widely published throughout the small and
literary presses. His work has appeared in *The Café Review*, *American
Letters and Commentary*, *Skidrow Penthouse*, *Xavier Review*, *Hotel
Amerika*, *Free Lunch*, *Meridian Anthology of Contemporary Poetry,* *The
Pacific Review*, and others. In addition, he has nine poetry chapbooks. His
latest one is *Firestorm: A Rendering of
Torah*<http://booksonblog35.blogspot.com>(Camel Saloon Book on Blogs,
2012).

--
RealPoetik