[RealPoetik] Michael Martin Shea

RealPoetik Magazine realpoetik at scn9.scn.org
Wed Jan 7 12:20:30 PST 2015

*from* Hermeneutics

              in

caught        the narrative thread
   slicing potatoes

                             [these are the meals I would make you]

              He says *go away* to his phone!

                                                            each kitchen a
form of the eternal kitchen

Madison is a place where

              [composing by the sink]                              let me
encode you

in some of my symbols
   CHRIST IS REAL BRO

                             hogging the requisite pain pills

and pumping in bedroom music                             excitement is the
thing itself

                                          no more brides in the schoolyard

                             [and my heart it goes all the way down]

*Michael Martin Shea* lives in Las Vegas, Nevada. A 2014 Fulbright Fellow
to Argentina, his poems have appeared or are forthcoming in *Colorado
Review, Indiana Review, Jubilat, Pleiades, Tender-Loin,* and elsewhere.

--

RealPoetik
www.realpoetik.club