Candidates

Joe Rodgers jrodgers at rain.kcls.lib.wa.us
Fri Jun 2 17:01:00 PDT 1995

On Thu, 1 Jun 1995, Randy Groves wrote:
> Aki,
> Here's my reponse and a little blurb.  I don't know if it's too late to
> include or not ...

 Can we talk about this?

 What these elections mean to me, is a transition from seat-of-the-pants,
do-whatever-it-takes-to-get-the-job-done decision making, to something
that says, "Okay, here is the way we're going to go about it" and then do
it in a manner consistant with what we've just set.

 I think these are the reasons that Washington state wants us to jump
through certain hoops before we're allowed to be a tax-deductable charity.
They want predictability, as do the users of this facility.

 By setting up the rules, and then breaking them in the same breath,
you're undermining the whole rationale behind the elections.I have
nothing against a wider playing field: each of the 3 late candidates is
probably more enthusiastic about this place than I am. But if you're
going to allow these guys a late entry, then to be fair, you've got to
open it up to everyone else, all over again. (Yeah, like it would make a
difference!)

 I'm going to withdraw my grumble from the election area, since this is
probably better handled 'behind closed doors', But if one or all of the
three latecomers win, I'm going to feel honor-bound to contest the election.