Elections (my 1st try at diving in)

Melissa Schofield melissas at scn.org
Fri Jun 9 17:21:08 PDT 1995

I just spent the last hour sifting through all the election email thats
been posted to scn at scn.org, and perusing the "go elect" area.  I would
like to ask a couple of questions and then suggest a solution to this
debate.

Is there anything saying that these interim board members have ANY defined
responsibilities whatsoever?  The coordinating council will still be
around, right?

My suggestion:
   The bulk of the voting is suppose to take place at the General Meeting
on June 28th or by emailing vote at scn.org by then if you can't make the
meeting.  Let the election go forward as planned rather than getting
flamed for being undemocratic -- this will all be over on the 29th.  It
really isn't that important who is elected -- the important election will
be the one for the real board once SCN is officially incorporated.  This
is just to have names for a form the government requires to incorporate.
   If the interim board members really have no responsibilities (and
truthfully, even if they did) I would plan to vote for the three
candidates who have been with SCN since the beginning:  Doug Schuler,
Aki Namioka, and Randy Groves.  I hope that makes sense, and that
others will choose to do the same.

- Melissa Schofield
  newbie volunteer