15 minutes of fame ... starting NOW!

Lucys lbs at aa.net
Fri Jun 23 14:30:00 PDT 1995

On Thu, 22 Jun 1995, Randy Groves wrote:

> I was reading the latest Newsweek (the one with Jim Carrey on the cover)
> before going to bed this morning, and was most pleasantly surprised to see
> an article on FreeNets, with Tom Grundner's picture on the first page.
> Imagine my surprise and delight when I turned the page and saw Seattle
> Community Network listed prominently in a sidebar titled 'Logging On'!!!!
>
> And they even got all the contact info right!
>
> Check it out!
>
> -randy

   Hello all,
    I read the article today at the library, and it is a good write up.
   One thing it mentioned was that freenets (due to funding needs), have
   found themselves asking Freenet members for contributions.

    I just want to say that as a SCN member, I'd be willing to make
  a yearly financial contribution. Right now, I'm waiting for:
   1. SCN to have it's own non-profit status (i.e., own bank account)
   2. some idea of what our funding needs are for the next year
      (and what is an appropriate amount for an individual to
       contribute.)

   I don't know how others feel, but I hope SCN isn't too shy
   about letting us know how much money it takes to keep us going.
   There are probably alot of SCN members who want to contribute,
   but have no idea how much is needed.

   Just my $.02 ....

  Lucy S.                   lbs at aa.net
  Seattle, Washington  USA