Planning meeting - Community Space and Cyberspace

Douglas Schuler comnets at u.washington.edu
Thu Dec 5 21:00:03 PST 1996

Please feel free to distribute to interested people

     Community Space and Cyberspace: What's the Connection?

                    Conference Planning Meeting
                          Speakeasy Cafe
             Monday, December 9, 1996.  8:00 PM

We need your help!!

As you know, CPSR is currently planning a major conference on the
relationship between cyberspace and "community space" which will be
held on March 1st and 2nd next year at the HUB on the University of
Washington campus.

Howard Rheingold will be giving the keynote address and we are planning
lots of interesting events including a wide variety (20 - 40) workshops
on a variety of themes.

We're looking for help in the following areas:

   Outreach

   "Virtual" Conference (and proceedings?)

   Workshops

   Local Arrangments

   Fundraising

   Publicity

Please help us make this an exciting and worthwhile event for
everybody.  Wd'd love to see you on Monday!  PLease drop me an e-mail
(douglas at scn.org) or phone call (206-634-0752) if you can't make it but
would like to get involved.

Thanks!

--- Doug