update on Community Space & Cyberspace Conference

Douglas Schuler comnets at u.washington.edu
Wed Dec 18 11:31:39 PST 1996

A brief update on the

   Community Space and Cyberspace:
   What's the Connection?"

Conference

First, a correction on the URL for the conference.  It's
http://www.scn.org/tech/diac-97.  I mistakenly sent it out without the
hyphen.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Second, the conference is a lot closer than it seems -- slightly over 2
months away.  We could use your help in many ways!

Workshops: The deadline is coming up.  The form is on the web:
http://www.scn.org/tech/diac-97/shopform.html.  Please consider
proposing a workshop!

Web pages & proceedings: Thanks to a National Science Foundation grant
we will definitely be producing proceedings (and a much enhanced web
site).  Let me know if you're interested in helping.

Supporters & Endorsers: Yes!  We still need supporters and endorsers.
Supporters help financially while endorsers don't (necessarily). Both
get reduced rates at the conference,a mention in our web pages and a
chance to distribute your literature.  Let me know!

Publicity: We need all the help we can with this.  Any ideas?  Have a
few hours to spare?  BTW, the media can attend for free.

Program: As you know Howard Rheingold will be our keynote speaker.  We
also have invitations out to a number of great speakers -- including
some surprises.  Watch for an announcement soon!

Scholarships: Also thanks to the NSF we will be giving at least 12
scholarships and probably more.  We still could use donations for this
-- and a way to handle this aspect of the conference.

Local Arrangements:  Yes!  We need your help.  Especially at the event
itself...

The next meeting will be in early January.  I'll let you know as soon
as I can where and when that will be...

Thanks!

-- Doug, 206.634.0752, douglas at scn.org