SCN General Meetings

John Johnson jj at scn.org
Mon Jan 29 09:00:29 PST 1996

>>The meetings are scheduled from now till October (7-8:45). I will try to
>>get them moved up to 6:30, that is a good idea and a way to make them
>>friendly to new users and do any pre-meeting business that may need to be
>>done.
>>
>>-Kevin Higgins --- wheels at scn.org
>
>I should point out that it is fairly hard to get recycled from the
>workday and back to a meeting by 7 PM. I think 6:30 PM might be
>inconvenient for a lot of people.
>
>Ken Applegate

I think we are not changing the time of the general meeting, but
reserving time with the library for this pre-meeting activity.

Yes, 6:30 is inconvenient for many people, but so is waiting through the
business meeting for a chance to ask questions.  (Cae in point:  there was
a brand new user sitting next to me, had *just* gotten her password, but
had a question.  She had to leave, and I see she still has not logged in.)
I think we need this pre-meeting newbie opportunity time.

--