A sad occurrence.

Albert W. Boss alboss at wolfenet.com
Fri Oct 4 14:33:47 PDT 1996

I didn't know Norman, but like Aki, I read the article and was really
affected by it.  Let's do what we can.  I'd be willing to make a cash
donation, but I can't help wondering if, as a community network, there's
more we can do.

I like the idea of working with MADD, too; they were my first thought.  If
the local chapter doesn't have a web site, can we work with them to create
one on SCN?  Can we get the Times' permission to reproduce the story and
photos on it?  Can we start a memorial donation fund (or find one, if it's
already been started by his friends--he had no family), and make sure we
have donation information on the site?  (Maybe MADD National has a secure
site for on-line credit card donations for those brave enough to try it,
or maybe First Virtual or someone would donate one.)

Just rambling.  I don't want to continue this thread across all four
mailing groups forever.  It sounds like there's sufficient interest to do
something.  I guess we need to:

* figure out what kind of something
* figure out who wants to be the lead people
* if it takes a lot of discussion, figure out the best forum

Al