Mail loop.

System Administrator root at scn.org
Mon Dec 1 13:28:32 PST 1997

		    SCN System Administration

An explanation of why you were inundated with mail:  the 'vacation'
message of a City of Seattle user responded to Doug's message.  And
(apparently some feature of CCmail) to everyone cc'ed on that message.
And was then cc'ed back to that user.  Which then responded, to
everyone, including that user, which then responded....

We had no way of shutting this off from our end, and were not able to find
anyone at the City over the weekend, so we disabled the various lists it
was going to.  (Which dumped _hundreds_ of messages on the list owners,
which happend to be SCNA Board members, so complaints are not necessary.
They know about it already.)

The lists were restored at 1 PM today, and we hope everything is okay.
Any legitimate messages sent to these lists before that were probably
lost; you may want to resend them.