per minute charge? deadline 2/13/97 -more info

Aki Namioka namioka at netcom.com
Fri Feb 14 09:39:55 PST 1997

Hello All,

Yesterday, I spent the day in Olympia listening to US West try to make a
case for charging a per minute rate on people making connections to
ISPs.  I also heard them advocate mandatory measured service, make a few
jabs at the UTC and give a bunch of misleading statistics about the
situation.

THIS IS FOR REAL.  THE RBOCS ALL OVER THE COUNTRY WANT TO CHARGE EXTRA
FOR ACCESS TO ISPs (this would include us - SCN).

Please read today's (2/14) article in the P-I business section by Bruce
Ramsey.

- Aki