Re the obnoxious Tempting Tearouts spam

David Barts davidb
Sat Feb 15 11:53:19 PST 1997

Doug Tooley writes:

> Personally I favor graphic files as enclosures on such files - at a meg a
> shot they don't take long to take up serious room - perhaps we need a spam
> response button that automatically includes same in our PINE
> implementation! :-)

While tempting, this runs the risk of victimizing an innocenty party
whose E-mail address has been forged.  I prefer to simply include a
standard nastygram appended to the end of the fully quoted spam
message.  (This runs the same risk, but the damage done is less, so I
don't worry as much.  It's a trade-off between the need to punish
spammers and to not punish the innocent.)

--
        David W. Barts (davidb at scn.org) / REAL radios glow in the dark.
         "People do not like to think.  If one thinks, one must reach