Newsletter topics

Rod Clark rclark at aa.net
Sun Jun 29 01:32:48 PDT 1997

>  Get something from Terryl Ross on future fund income for scn.

   That's something I'd like to read.

>  Get something from Steve (you) on the useful ness of an
> electronic newsletter.

   Filler material alert. (Aa-oo-gah!)

>  Get something from Rich on the advantages of universal,
> automatic mailing of the newsletter to all scn mmember.

   Filler filler material material alert alert. (Aa-oo-gah!
Aa-oo-gah!)

>  Get something from Brian High on the current status of the plan
> to remove non-used scn accounts.

   Randy G. zapped the inactive users a while ago, but there
were some questions about the details. A brief explanation would
be good.

   I could write up something about user home pages, if that's
ready to go by July 10 (and if not, the status of what's going
on with it.)

   There's been some discussion about children running across
some disturbing material, such as gory violent pictures, in the
proposed user home pages area. (This refers to a particular
teenager's page.) Should we have a page of Kids' Home Pages,
where youngsters or their parents could choose to list their
home pages if they want, instead of (or in addition to) listing
them in the general grown-up SCN user home page listings?

   If so, I suppose we'd need a sort of Children's Librarian to
keep up with the Kids Page, in more or less the same way as
there's a separate children's section in the Library. If this is
too sticky an area, though, maybe we'd have to list everything
in one area, and let the kiddies beware.

   If anyone else would like to write something about this or
other such topics for the newsletter, I'd like to hear what
people have to say about it.

Thanks,
Rod Clark