Articles

Rod Clark rclark at aa.net
Sun May 11 15:55:10 PDT 1997

> I know that some of the lists are under-utilized, but each committee
> should have at least one mailing list for the communication of it's
> members.  Plus the smaller and larger mailing lists for whatever they
> are for...

Nancy,

It's not necessarily only the mailing lists that are too
numerous and underutilized - you could say that about quite a
few of the committees.

I'm not going to subscribe to all the excessive number of SCN
lists that I'd need to subscribe to, if I actually wanted to
know more about what's going on. There are far too many SCN
mailing lists now - again, there literally are seventeen (17)
mailing lists. The sheer number of them is becoming more of a
communications problem than it's worth, at least for me. Having
this number of mailing lists is absolutely ridiculous. Why do
you think that every group whose members may or may not send a
message every six months needs its own list? It does not.

Rod Clark