Mailing list consolidation (was: Re: Articles)

Rod Clark rclark at pop.aa.net
Tue May 13 07:28:17 PDT 1997

Michael,

What policy committee? There may have been one a few years ago,
when the Principles you mentioned were being drawn up. But
since late 1995 or so, I've never seen a Policy meeting
advertised, or any minutes of any meetings they may have had, or
any descriptions of whatever thay may have considered or
decided. As far as I know, at present, policy is a matter for
the new expanded board. But please let me know if you know of a
policy committee that's still in existence. And what they're
doing, if anything.

Thanks for your notes about outreach. This list consolidation
proposal probably won't ever get off the ground, but here's a
second draft:

1. scna-board - closed (equivalent to executive session - all
other policy discussions should be discussed openly on the scn
list)

2. hardware - closed (closed lists shouldn't be used for SCN
services or policy discussions, except when system security or
such considerations mandates confidentiality)

3. services1 - closed? (rename to info-providers)

4. services - open (includes webmasters, mentors,
volunteer projects... move the general discussions to scn)

5. outreach - open (includes roadshow, marketplace, fundraising)

6. scn - open (for general discussions, including discussions
about planning and policy changes)

7. webmaster at scn.org - to have a 9-character mailto address.

Rod Clark