Barter Services

Doug Tooley dltooley at speakeasy.org
Wed May 14 11:43:40 PDT 1997

> David check Fremont Time, maybe they have what
> you are looking for, they are an "exchange network",
> a sort of "skills barter" group.
>
> Fremont Time:
> 	http://www.scn.org/fremont/time/

There are others looking into what you are looking at.  I'm aware of one
person locally who has experience with transaction servers who is looking
at it, and others nationally that are doing it.

A volunteer 'transaction' server for SCN makes **a lot** of sense for SCN
and its member organizations.  I'd believe that it is a fairly safe bet to
happen at some point in the future.  If you are interested in helping to
make it happen I'd be happy to dig through my files for the relevant
contact info.

-Douglas Tooley