Articles

Doug Tooley dltooley at speakeasy.org
Thu May 15 18:06:04 PDT 1997

Rod-

I'm glad you feel the way you do.  My point though was about litigation,
not the particulars of this case.

Not only have you accused me of advocating for violation of intellectual
property rights when I have done nothing of the case you do it freely in
your own work.  The website design is largely drawn from the marketplace
prototype site, from criteria I had a lot to do with creating, on the
Webmasters ad hoc list.  Their are very minor differences between the
marketplace prototype and the final design, though those differences do
make the site a bit more graphical they are also less dynamically
compatible with text only browsing.

You, and Mr. Sparks, are quite quick to claim credit for the site.  Upon
a deeper look it is clear that the 'attacks' from you and Mr. Sparks
against my work were nothing more than an effort to steal intellectual
property rights.

So, please, Mr. Clark, just what is the appropriate punishment for your
rightesnouss rag?

-Doug