new (test) main menu

Rod Clark rclark at aa.net
Tue Nov 18 16:08:16 PST 1997

> **great!**
>
> Much easier to navigate!
>
> Easier to find what I had looked for but didn't know where to look, or how
> to ask.
>
> Go with it!
>
> Thomas

   The above is the only comment received so far on the
Freeport test menus, other than a bug report that turned out to
be a missing dot in an SCN forum name on one of the new menus.

   I'm reluctant to switch over with so little feedback, but 1)
the changes are limited to three of the Freeport menus, 2) we
can easily change them back, and 3) Lois gave a well thought
out rundown on what was wrong with the present menus, which was
used to redesign the new ones, so the changes do have a basis in
addressing actual user frustrations.

   So let's try out the new menus overnight, and see what
people think. If they're not an improvement, we can either
switch back or fix the specific difficulties that people
mention.

Rod Clark
webadm at scn.org