Technology Review article

Doug Schuler douglas
Wed Oct 1 09:13:50 PDT 1997

This mail is from Gary Chapma.  He and Lodis Rhodes are both at
the U of Texas and both presented at the CPSR conference here
in Seattle last April.  They are doing some very important work!

-- Doug

Professor Lodis Rhodes of the LBJ School at the University of Texas at
Austin and I have a featured article in the October issue of Technology
Review magazine, published by MIT, on bringing neighborhood computer
networks to low-income communities. It highlights the work we've been doing
for the past three years in East Austin, Texas. This is a fairly long
article -- about 5,000 words -- which can be found on the World-Wide Web at
the URL:

	http://web.mit.edu/org/t/techreview/www/articles/oct97/chapman.html

Lodis and I are interested in any feedback anyone cares to offer about this
article: send replies to me at gary.chapman at mail.utexas.edu and to Lodis at
lrhodes at mail.utexas.edu.

Thanks,

-- Gary

Gary Chapman
Director
The 21st Century Project
LBJ School of Public Affairs
Drawer Y
University Station
University of Texas
Austin, TX  78713
(512) 471-8326
(512) 471-1835 (fax)
gary.chapman at mail.utexas.edu
http://www.utexas.edu/lbj/21cp

To subscribe to a listserv that forwards the text of and pointers to
articles by Gary Chapman, including his column Digital Nation in The Los
Angeles Times, follow these instructions:

Send mail to listproc at mcfeeley.cc.utexas.edu

Leave the subject line blank.

In the first line of the message, put:

	Subscribe Chapman [First name] [Last name]

Leave out the brackets, just put your name after Chapman.

Send this message. You'll get a confirmation message back, reporting your
subscription, and this message will have some boilerplate text in it about
passwords, which you should IGNORE. Passwords will not be required for this
listserv.

To get off the list, send mail to the same address, with the same message
except with the word Unsubscribe substituted for Subscribe.

You should get something two or three times a month. I'll occasionally mail
out either text or pointers to other articles I have written, besides my
column, but I have promised list subscribers that I won't use this list for
any other purpose, so traffic should be low.

Feel free to pass this listserv subscription information on to anyone else
you feel might be interested in subscribing.