Community Networking at Univeristy of Michigan -- FYI

Doug Schuler douglas
Sun Oct 19 15:31:21 PDT 1997

FYI,

=PRESS RELEASE==

On October 18, the Community Networking Initiative, sponsored by the
School of Information at the University of Michigan (UM-SI),
unveiled its new site:

        The Community Connector
        [http://www.si.umich.edu/Community/]

The Community Connector builds from our old page, the Community Networking
Resource Site.  In addition to enhancing our appearance, we are moving in
new and invigorating directions. We are here not just to support community
networks, but to support communities.

                * We have broadened our focus include all community
information systems.

               * We have developed new collections of links.  These new
resources include examples of CN evaluation methods and mission and goal
statements. We also include profiles of specific sites.

                * We have revamped our online journal, Currents.  Its new
title is Connections -- emphasizing the interconnectedness of all our
communities.  What haven't changed are the insightful articles
and thoughtful profiles which you've come to expect from our site.

                * We will be adding a new feature which will allow you to
quickly and easily search through our directory of community networks.

                * We have worked to make navigating through our site's
resources even easier.  Our search engine is now accessible from each page
for your convenience.

                * Because we want to know what YOU think, we encourage
feedback. Just click on the FEEDBACK link on any page to share your
opinion.

Questions?  E-mail us at si.cn at umich.edu

Katherine Degelau
kdegelau at umich.edu