Principles for the Internet Era - Thurs, April 16th

Karyn Quinlan karyn at accessone.com
Thu Apr 9 20:01:51 PDT 1998

---> Please note:
Our regular chapter meeting (3rd Wednesday) is cancelled
this month so that we may host this special event. All welcome.
See you there! -- KQ

			* * * * *

     Special CPSR/Seattle Chapter Meeting

	       INTERNET GOVERNANCE

	      One Planet, One Net
        Principles for the Internet Era

       Thursday, April 16, 7:00 - 9:00 pm

                  Karen Coyle
          CPSR Western Regional Director

      University Friends Meeting - 4001 9th NE
  (just North of the University Bridge in the U-District)

As the Internet grows in importance and the number of
participants continues to rapidly increase, the ability to
"govern" the Internet has become a daunting task.  This year
CPSR's program focus is exploring the issues of what Internet
Governance means, who should do it, what is the current
structure.

Please join us in this special presentation by Karen Coyle,
Western Regional Director of CPSR, to discuss a series
of principles that CPSR has published.  These principles
are what we believe is the foundation for examining
the issues of Internet Governance.

This meeting is part of a series of meetings that CPSR
is conducting throughout the United States this year

Contact karyn at cpsr.org for more info.