was (RE: ispell findings...) now...making changes

Will Hafer will at scn.org
Fri Aug 7 20:35:27 PDT 1998

I've been following the ISpell discussion.

I use ISpell over at the UW and find it irritatating to use because it's
commands are the reverse of my Windows and MS DOS spell checkers.

In all my other spell checkers the "a" command <A>dds a word to the spell
checker's dictionary and the "i" command <I>gnores the misspelled word.

But for some perverse reason the authors of ISpell reverse these easy to
remember commands and instead use the "a" command to ignore a misspelled
word and the "i" command to add a word to it's dictionary.

Is there a way to change these commands so that they conform to popular
spell checking commands?

Will Hafer  will at scn.org  206-233-8443  POB 31476 Seattle WA 98103-1476 USA