Advance agenda's and meeting minutes.

Kenneth Crandall grayfox at foxinternet.net
Mon Dec 7 11:07:58 PST 1998

I have become involved in this discussion thru the back door.  I was
commenting on the civility of communications when I was challenged to
consider the issue of "doable" items that were not being accomplished.
Therefore I will share my thoughts on a couple of the items being discussed.
I happen to believe that an agenda and minutes are necessary for an orderly
accomplishment of business. I also believe that an advanced notice of the
agenda would spark more interest in the general membership about the
day-to-day operation of SCN.  I recognize that some agenda items do not come
forth until just before the meeting, but most items should be available
ahead of time.  Establishing the policy of publishing an advanced agenda
would help to insure that those who wanted to be assured of being on the
agenda would make earlier requests.

A policy that would not allow implementation of added agenda items (except
for emergency items) would further help insure early requests for inclusion
on the agenda.

Following the meeting, a revised agenda, reflecting last minute additions,
and a brief set of minutes would let the membership know what is happening.
Understanding the day-to-day issues being faced by SCN might increase the
number of people volunteering for tasks that they can identify with or might
increase the contributions as needs are clearly defined.

I therefore believe that the above requests are in the best interest of
activating the membership.

                                     Ken Crandall (bd252 at scn.org)