"e-ballot" -- an alternate proposal

Rich Littleton be718 at scn.org
Sun Dec 20 00:53:08 PST 1998

JJ makes some good points about e-balloting and COMMITTEE voting.

1.	No big need for confidentiality since everyone in a committee
generally knows everyone else's position and

2.	there is generally no basis for retribution.

That works for me ** for COMMITTEE voting.

---------------------

However, the main goal is universal voting for the SCNA board, which would
be a large-group vote, and one with relatively high stakes.

So,

1.	Let's try the voting program for some test runs to work out the
kinks.  (at least for committee voting)

2.	Let's look for solutions to the security questions, such as making
the return of the e-ballot route to an impartial third party (accounting
firm?)

3.	IN THE MEANTIME, we can set up the mail-in ballot method (again,
to an impartial third party).

Let's do it.

Rich