Committee work beyond E balloting

SCN User bc500 at scn.org
Mon Dec 28 18:25:24 PST 1998

There is one other point that many people (including Rich) seem
to be consistently unclear on.  That is the difference between
SCNA Board and SCN.  I think you allude to this in your discussion
Rod...and maybe it needs to be more explicitly stated.  SCN is
a project of SCNA...admittedly pretty much our only project at this
time...EXCom...made up of officers of the board and committee
chairs...takes care of the running of the SCN project.  Expenditures
are recommended by EXCom and presented to the SCNA board for final
approval.  Any member of SCN or SCNA has input to EXCOM thru involvement
with the committees whose chairs are its members.  Again...SCNA and SCN
are NOT the same thing!  This is not just semantics...it is a legal
necessity as I understand it.

a long discussion in response to this comment by Rich.