menu changes! (fwd) (menu changes YES but)

Kurt Cockrum kurt at grogatch.seaslug.org
Mon Feb 16 09:40:04 PST 1998

jj said:
>Just realized that some of this discussion wasn't on 'services'.  Sorry.
>Because of some scheduling problems I still plan on implementing these
>proposed main menu changes (or reversions) Monday night, unless I hear
>serious reasons not to.
>[...]
>>Okay, folks, here it is!  I am proposing to modify the main menu as
>>described below.  What is proposed will, I hope, satisfy _most_ users as
>>regards of various issues that have been raised, both recently and when
>>these were discussed a year (or two??) ago.

BUT
This is a magnificent opportunity to make use of the right tool for the
right job, namely the Revision Control System (RCS).  This allows
graceful backouts in case something goes wrong.  It also makes the
history of changes available, so patterns of growth or changes can
be observed.  It also is useful where 2 or more people make changes
to the same file, as it forces coordination of effort.

IP's and Web-page maintainers would find this useful (not just the
hsw geeks).  It's too bad they are generally so technophobic, and have
to be protected from themselves, and seem unwilling to learn anything
about what's under the hood of their livelihood.  At least that's
the impression I get...sigh...
--kurt
  If you can't do it right because you don't have the time,
  where are you ever going to find the time to fix it later?