Tech matching fund.

Aki Namioka namioka at netcom.com
Fri Jan 2 14:01:14 PST 1998

Here is some info on the City's Tech Matching Fund, similar to the Dept.
Of Neighborhood matching fund for Seattle technology projects.  If any of
you are invovled with projects that might be applicable, I hope you apply.

- Aki
The  URL for information about the Technology Matching Fund and
other Citizens Technology Access and Literacy Projects is
http://www.seattle.wa.us/tech .

In case you wish to forward this, I have included the basic information
below.

The City of Seattle has created a new Technology Matching Fund  to foster
community projects that increase public access to computers, support
information technology training and literacy, or apply technology for
neighborhood planning and action. The city has allocated $300,000 for the
97/98 budget cycle and is now accepting applications. We also invite you
attend a community technology briefing on January 8th or 14th (see more
below). These efforts are part of a larger Citizens Technology Literacy
and Access Project. Detailed information about the Technology Matching
Fund and Citizens Technology Access & Literacy projects is posted at
http://www.ci.seattle.wa.us/tech .

Small project applications (under $5000) will be accepted every other
month with a first deadline of January 20th. Larger projects have a twice
yearly deadline. For the first round, Letters of Intent are due January
20th and applications in March.

We're holding two Community Briefings to answer questions, encourage
collaborations and discuss possible projects. These community meetings
will be held:
January 8th at 7 pm at Rainier Community Center (4600 38th Ave. S).  and
January 14th at 7 pm. at Delridge Community Center  (4501 Delridge Way SW)

If you have questions or wish to discuss a possible project, please do not
hesitate to contact me at this e-mail address or at 386-9759.  I would
also be happy to send printed copies of this information if you know
someone who would be interested but does not have easy web access.

- David Keyes
Community Technology Planner
Technology Division, ESD
City of Seattle