Thanks! (fwd)

SCN help help at scn.org
Sun Jan 18 18:15:01 PST 1998

 From the SCN Help Desk

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 1998 15:57:36 -0800 (PST)
From: SCN User <jazzbo at scn.org>
To: help at scn.org
Subject: Thanks!

To All The Dedicated Volunteers At SCN:

You don't know me, and I don't know you, but we're all bumping around in
cyber-space.

Sounds like SCN has been having a few problems of late. As an SCN user
who is low-income and of low technology-understanding, I just want to
take a moment to say "THANK YOU" to all of you who make email available
to the likes of me.  I live in an isolated situation, and email has
opened up new levels of communication to me that I never dreamed
possible. I realize that it is the efforts of folks like you (who keep
the systems running) that make it possible for me to experience the
convience of cyber-communication.
Thank you.

Please feel free to forward this from the "help" desk to all SCN
volunteers who make the network happen. I appreciate your efforts through
all the glitches and weirdness. Keep the faith. You are doing more good
in more ways than you can probably ever fully know...

So-THANKS, SCN "Computer nerds!"
(I use the term fondly.)
You are doing a GREAT job. I certainly don't mind being "offline" now and
again as you brainy-types navigate the intricate manueuvers required to
keep the ball rolling.

Thank you all.
Now give yourselves a good pat on the back
and pour another cup of coffee.

Gratefully,
jazzbo at scn.org