SPAM: it's a dog-eat-dog world

Kurt Cockrum kurt at grogatch.seaslug.org
Mon Jun 29 11:51:18 PDT 1998

I noticed the following little snippet from a self-propagating MLM scam/spam I
received:
	[...snip...]
	Attention:  Anyone who would like to be removed from my mailing list, simply
	respond with a "remove" in the subject box.  Also, if you would like the e-
	mail address of the company that is selling the list with your e-mail address
	on it, let me know in the body of the response.
Astonishing!  This guy is offering to turn in his dealer!
Not only that, in the same spam was an offer to sell bulk e-mail software!
Are the sharks starting to turn on each other?
(yow! wish this were televised :)
--kurt
  Black holes are where God divided by zero.
                                L. J. Beedle