Wireless dialup? Loan?

Anitra Again anitra at speakeasy.org
Fri Mar 6 16:28:14 PST 1998

I've found out that even if I had arranged two weeks ago for a phone
jack for Internet connection at the Seattle Center, we would have had
to pay for it ourselves -- and that is beyond WHEEL's budget.  If I
have to, I'll demonstrate the sites from hard disk, not "live".  But
there is one possible option left, if someone out there has the right
equipment and is willing to loan it to us for an afternoon.  Last year
another group had a laptop computer hooked up with a wireless modem
connection.  I've seen other similar setups in use here and there.

Does anyone know someone with a wireless modem who would be willing to
let a homeless women's grassroots organizing group borrow it for five
hours Sunday afternoon?