Contradictory news coverage about ed-tech study (fwd)

Lorraine Pozzi femme2 at scn.org
Mon Oct 5 11:09:56 PDT 1998

I'm wondering how many people on this list remember Steve Hodas?
He had a peculiar e-mail address that had horsehorselionlion or
something in it.  I post this to the list because Steve is a person
who not only contributed to SCN (and to Project Compute), but
also has used his experiences within SCN to consider problems in
a wider context.  Given the recent raging debates internally over
the present and future roles of SCNA within the community, I
thought Steve's comments might be interesting, both to those
who knew him in the early days of SCN and to those who are
struggling to understand (and in some cases redefine) the
purpose of the present organization.

Lorraine
femme2 at scn.org